History in Motion ~ Austin Sawmill Heritage Park

The first mill established on this site was built in the 1890s and owned by William T. Craig and John Austin. In 1908, the original building burned to the ground and was replaced by the structure which succumbed to fire in the conflagration of 1942 which destroyed most of the town (Kinmount).

The Austin Sawmill was recently reconstructed and brought back to life with static displays that illustrate the milling processes that were utilized within the original mill.

Leave a Reply